I recently answered the following question on Quora:
What kind of content should be your first blog posts on a new site?
1. For your very first blog
Tell your story. I’d suggest welcoming people to your blog and explaining why you’re blogging and how visitors can connect with you.
2. For the next couple blogs topics
First, have you identified your target audience? Who do you want to visit your blog? Why would they visit? How can they find you?
Second: solve your audience’s problem or answer their question.
- If you have a product to sell, explain how your product fills their need: especially if it’s a need they didn’t know they have.
- If your blog is about a cause or event, give them the details about upcoming events, tell them stories with images of past events, and give them information about your cause.
- If you provide a service, offer them an exclusive incentive to use your service: a free consultation, a free trial period, or any blog-readers-only offer to convert them from visitors to customers.
- If you are an author or artist, your blog can provide exclusive, behind the scenes information about your book tour, your inspirations, or your next exhibit.
Creating and maintaining a content calendar is the best way to plan your upcoming blogs: then you’ll never have to ask, What should I blog about?
After you develop your content calendar, create a social media calendar to plan and schedule your social media posts to promote your blogs.
After all, what’s the point of having a blog if no one can find it?
What is Quora?
Quora connects you to everything you want to know about. Quora aims to be the easiest place to write new content and share content from the web. We organize people and their interests so you can find, collect and share the information most valuable to you.
~ Adam D’Angelo,